Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My forthcoming book on the NBA betting scandal

Much more information will soon be available regarding my forthcoming Gaming the Game: The Story Behind the NBA Betting Scandal and the Gambler Who Made It Happen.  Nineteen months and counting(!), I realize, but please know this would have been done ages ago if the project was simply a primary interview subject (pro gambler Jimmy "Baba" Battista) speaking into a tape recorder.
Documenting as much of the story as possible required considerable legwork, and I hope the readership appreciates the final product.  (Related note: It didn't help humoring interest from Hollywood throughout the process).

I will post as much info as possible when time and circumstances permit.  As a courtesy, I would very much appreciate interested parties contact me through Chuck Marsh of Penn State's University Relations Office.  Thanks as always for your understanding.